Dynamic Railway Vehicle Analysis Overview
Calculate or estimate masses, c.g. and moment of inertia of all bodies by hand or in PREDAT.
Calculation of spring stiffnesses and damping coefficients by hand or in PREDAT.
Select track sections to be analyzed.
Select wheel- and rail- profiles to be analyzed.
Define analysis to be done:
- Wheel unloading on twisted track
- Carbody roll coefficient
- Critical speed
- Pantograph sway
- Max track shift forces
- Max flange climb ratio
- Vehicle overturning
- Ride Comfort
- Motion Sickness
- Wear rate on wheel and rail
- Predict if the wheel-profile will be stable or not
- Predict the risk of wheel squeal and rail corrugation
- Predict the risk of RCF (Rolling Contact Fatigue)
Make a standardized report of all results above.
Make some reference calculations for internal purposes.
In order to compare different vehicles which has been designed previously.
Make post-calculation on actual tracks where the new vehicle was tested.
Make a standardized report of the comparisons between calculated and measured results.