Home Search Reference Manual Return
1. When reading the wheel- and rail- profiles: Interpolate in wheel profiles with true splines. Interpolate in rail profiles with semi-splines. 2. Input data variable IPLOT3 can be given the value 4, which will lead to a creation of both a small contact pressure diagrams and a contour pressures diagram. 3. A new diagram showing the equivalent conicity according to UIC 519 has been introduced. Example When calculating conicity according to UIC519 and the dr-function passes dr=0 several times. Move the wheelset to the most negative passage where dr=0.
Example: Wheel profile with negative conicity The rr-rl-function Lambda plot in rel.0403 Lambda plot in rel.0503 Conicity according to UIC519 4. Updated the method in automatic two-point contact detection. If the surface is very rough, the contact zone can consist of many small spots. In this case only select the two major contact surfaces and omit the other areas, in order to avoid problems in the wear predicting code. 5. Animation of kpfr-functions in gplot dr-function gam-function
1. Draw the plot in colors. Show the semi-spline-interpolation.
1. When reading the wheel- and rail- profiles: Interpolate in wheel profiles with true splines. Interpolate in rail profiles with semi-splines. (Same as for program KPF) 2. Write the pre_contactr-file in matlab-format for easy plotting.
Example: contact surface on wheel contact surface on rail distance between wheel- and rail- surface KPF winklerbed contact pressure
1. New filter FTRAPEZOID, where the user can define the transfer function in a trapezoid shape.
1. The current directory field has been splitted into two fields. Directories in the left area and files in the right area. If a directory in the left area is selected its contants will be shown in the right field. 2. Auto-completion with the TAB-key. 3. Erase word to the left with key CTRL-backspace 4. A new pulldown item "Extra command dialog" where the user also can enter commands. Commands via the li- and cd- button don't use the cmd-textField widget window, which mean that two commands can be given in parallel. 5. New background menus similar to the li- and cd-button. If the window is big, it can be a far distance to reach the li- and cd-buttons. 6. Stop program calc from the pulldown-menu.
1. A new program which replaces xterm. Works like a xterm-window, but has a dialog popup window if mouse button 3 is pressed.
1. Do not use setpagedevice for selecting paper in laser writer. Because no one is using a laser writer with different paper trays today, and the setpagedevice-command cuts the picture when the plot is shown gv.
1. New program for translating EM80 results written in a file similar to the STRIX format.
Automatic detection of designed curve geometry has been added.
Possibility to remove out-of-round wheels on the trolley has been added.
Plotting of the Fourier spectra of the original signal has been added.
1. Make a plot of a track written in trax_wdesign-format. Files having file-extension trax_wdesign will be associated with program trc_trac_plot.
1. Copy the values of tral into rail_ in case the user wants to animate the motions in GPLOT.
1. New script which:
- extracts results from a tsim-calculation,
- Creates a gitter over the contact surface in program PRE_CONTACT
- Calculates normal and tangential contact forces in program CONTACT
1. The first letters "G_" in all GENSYS-directories has been removed, in order to simplify the use of auto-completions with the TAB-key.
1. New script which removes the prefix "G_" from all subdirectories in current directory.
1. New script for users using the KDE window manager. Together with the files ~/.kde/share/mimelnk/application/gensys.desktop and ~/.kde/share/applnk-redhat/.hidden/genrun_KDE.desktop Script genrun_KDE works in a similar way to genrun, i.e. reads the file .genrun